Saturday 17 March 2012

About


The start of this blog was my husband's idea. A spunky new camera - his Christmas gift to me - turned every plate of food into my willing subject for daily photography practice.  Before too long, there it was:  an album I called 'Good Eats' on Facebook. "Where's the recipe?" everyone asked.  So, here I am and here are some of the recipes.
I have been cooking since I was eight.   In far-away India, an omelette with onions prepared under my father’s watchful eyes was my very first attempt at cooking. The rest just followed. I come from a family of superbly picky eaters! I haven't inherited that trait, but that doesn't keep me from critiquing a plate of food that doesn't hold up to its name.
I am someone who loves to create tasty edibles, dress them pretty, and take a picture - or ten - before serving the concoction up to my ever so patient husband, Tony, and our little girl, Saira, or to a dining room full of friends and relatives.
What I like to cook is whatever I can find in the grocery store. Fresh vegetables, seafood, or a new product inspire me; so does Food Network on TV, occasionally a magazine or a cookbook, and most importantly a yearning for something new.
Food is such a wonderful thing.  Besides everything wonderful it does, it also bonds us. What could be more rewarding than bonding with people, new and old, over and over again? Food is so worth it!
Cooking and eating is complete therapy. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment